Therms vs. heating Degree Days, 65F Base
click legend labels to toggle data sets on or off
This is a scatterplot of therms used vs. heating degree days for several heating seasons, with linear regression lines added.
A smaller slope should indicate greater efficiency.
For more information about this kind of benchmarking and potential pitfalls, see
Degree Days - Handle with Care! from energylens.com
Upgrades / changes:
You can read more about this
on my blog.
- 2001 - Bought house, installed 82 AFUE boiler
- Feb 2005 - New double-pane windows
- Nov 2006 - Attic insulation and sealing
- Feb 2010 - Wall insulation retrofit, more attic work
- Mar 2011 - New heating zone in basement
- Oct 2013 - New renovation; 600 ft^2 added, new insulation, 1 new zone
- Nov 2014 - New 95 AFUE mod/con boiler with outdoor reset and indirect DHW