The solar array was turned on for real 30 days ago; in that time, it’s produced 389 kWh of energy, which covered 96% of our usage for the month. I’m pretty pleased with this! As compared to household use, it was:
- 389 kWh gross production, of which
- 230 kWh net was pushed out to the grid (meaning 389-230=159 kWh were used directly), and
- 245 kWh net was drawn from the grid
So, we used a mere 15kWh more than we made. I blame it on my niece’s baking in the electric oven ;) (and the need to run the dehumidifier a few days; it was very rainy). 404kWh for the month was actually a fair bit higher than the last several months; the other big hitter was running the fans a lot due to the heat.
In terms of daily output, we saw:
- Peak power output of 2185W (I think this is due to a 199W limit on each microinverter)
- Maximum daily energy – 18kWh (on the first day of operation!)
- Minimum daily energy – 5kWh
- Average daily energy – 13kWh
What I really miss now, though, is the whole-house energy monitoring that I had; we climbed in usage last month, and I can point to some causes, but I’m flying blind now. I’ll have to break down and buy a Ted 5000 if I don’t manage to put together my own monitor with CTs soon.